25 January 2010

HOW DO I FEEL? Assignment

One of the teams on SparkPeople that I participate in is called Project Mayhem (ala reference to Fight Club) - It's a funky kick butt group and every once in a while we get "Homework Assignments" (another Fight Club reference--- there's a theme to the group :-D)

So I'm working through my assignment and felt that this would be a good place to do it.  The point of the assignment was not to come up with a solution to the problem but to identify how we felt about it.
Q: What do I think is my biggest obstacle that keeps me from leading a healthier lifestyle?

I think the biggest obstacle that has impeded me is that nagging thought in the back of my head that makes me doubt that I will succeed.
Q: How do you feel about your answer?

It makes me feel frustrated and on some level disappointed in myself.  I mean, seriously (not to brag) but have always been the definition of  overachiever.  This is the one thing that I have tried to conquer over and over and over again and just failed so many times.  This time, of course, I'm trying things differently.  This time, I feel different as I'm moving along on my path.  But that ugly little kernel or doubt had not been squashed out yet.  I'm working on it but until then, I'm just a little disappointed that it's even there.
Q:  If your feeling were a physical sensation what would it be? Ex. Queasy, palms tingling, prickly, butterflies in your stomach.

If the feeling would be a physical sensation, it would be like nausea.  Not a lot, just enough that it's noticeable and you're wondering, "what the heck is that?"
Rate the intensity of your feeling on a scale of 1-10 - 10 being the greatest

I would put it at about a 5.5.
Q: If your feeling were a color what color would it be?

If the feeling were a color, the color would be a very dark grey.
Q: If it were something in nature what would it be?

If the feeling were a natural thing, it would be a moth.
Q: If it were a smell what would it be?

If the feeling were a smell, it would be that faint smell about a day before the milk is actually bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment