19 January 2010

Week 2 of the Spark Program - Goals

So last week, I had three goals that I achieved every day.  The idea is to tackle the B.O.B. by making lasting changes to my habits.  The easiest way to do it is to make distinct changes and do them every day until they become habit instead of a task.

Last week I had 3 tasks I chose to do every day for the week.  One nutritional item, one fitness item and one ME item:

  • Eat a high protein breakfast every morning

  • Do at least 15 minutes of exercise every morning

  • Listen to a "Get up and Go" song -- SP calls it that :) hahaha (I listened to Groove is in the Heart every morning on my way to work).


So, check, check, and check 7 days in a row... so now Week 2, we add more daily habits to the old one.  We'll see how this week fairs, I'm confident that I'll be able to keep these streaks going :)

Week 2 goals, each day I will:

  • Eat a high protein breakfast every morning that is 300-400 calories

  • Do at least 15 minutes of exercise every morning

  • Listen to a "Get up and Go" song

  • Eat atleast 5 servings of fruits and vegetables (1 serving = 1 medium fruit, 1/2 cup fruit or cooked vegetable, 1 cup raw vegetable, or 4 oz 100% fruit juice [limit to 8oz/day])

  • Drink atleast 8 cups of water (64oz)

  • Track my food 5-7 days/week

  • Sleep 7-8 hours/night (in 1 sitting... no nap counting)


So here goes :)  WHOOHOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment