04 January 2010

Resistant to Resolutions

Every year folks ask me about my New Year's resolutions.  I'm always very frank about my resitance to making resolutions.  Goals made at this time of year should be no different to goals made at any other time of year.  A few years ago, my mom said that she had PLENTY of suggestions if I couldn't come up with any on my own.  Lots of folks seem to have a ready list of suggestions when I tell them that I'm not a New Year's Resolutions kind of gal.  I'll just attribute that to people trying to be "helpful".  I do have some goals that I would like to work on, changes that I can make in my life.  So this year, no resolutions, just some notes and thoughts in my notepad that I'll refer to at the end of the year to see how I've done.

No comments:

Post a Comment