As many of you know, I was studying for my California Geology exam (which I took- YEAH - but still don't have the results for - BOO). Once that was done, Steve and I went down to Colombia to give him a crash course on my huge family. I was very impressed that he was able to keep the aunts and cousins apart. By the end of the trip he was even able to tell who belonged to whom. He got a taste of the country and we very much enjoyed the trip. Photos from the trip can be found here. Now we just have to figure out when we are going back :)
And once we got back from Colombia, we started letting everyone know our fabulous news. YEAH! Steve and I have going to have a wee one :) We don't know if it is a boy or a girl. We've actually decided to wait until the baby makes its first appearance to find out. Hey, why not? Of course, there was the confusion when my mom accidentally referred to the baby as a "her" to my godmother who called me immediately for the scoop. I let her know that if I don't what it is, my mom definitely doesn't know what it is. No scoop to be had. I think my godmother was a bit bummed sans what she thought was her scoop. :)
So I'm about 4.5 months along :) Yeah, and, depending on who you ask the baby is currently either the size of a sweet potato or a pepper. I'm still trying to figure out the whole fruit/veggie scale. The farmers at the market are definitely are amused since I keep starting at that week's fruit or veggie in a whole new light.
So the experience has been interesting:
- Morning sickness - done (thank goodness - whoever thought that one up deserves a good poke to the nose).
- Growing out of my clothes - not too bad since I hadn't gotten around to getting rid of my pre-P90X clothes yet... they are coming in handy.
- The odd food cravings - except for the constant want of spicy chicken wings, nothing too weird yet. I'll keep you posted.
- Random folks touching me - very odd. I'm not really showing too much yet (thanks to pre-P90X clothing) but as soon as someone finds out you are pregger they just jump on the belly. Why is that? Not sure how that's going to work out as I do start to show more.
- Removal of the word "HUGE" from Steve's vocabulary - To be fair, he has never actually called me Huge... just refers to the fact that I will be getting Huge. We are working on nipping that one in the bud right now :)