21 December 2011

The Big 3-3

Threadless T-Shirt
So just after 9pm  PST on the night before my birthday, I got a message from my friend Akel.  He's on the east coast so technically it was already my birthday over there.  In essence Akel said in his message "Haha, you're old." I thought that this was a great way to start the Big 3-3! Those who know me well, know that birthdays are a big deal for me.  It is the one day of the year when you are celebrated by family, friends, and all the folks you haven't spoken to in forever but are your Facebook friends.  I have marked my past birthdays with funny hats (most recently a tiara) and funny shirts (ala my Threadless T-shirt "So Far, This is the Oldest I've Ever Been" which, of course, is now only available in the kids size).

This year, I decided to take it easy.  I stayed in my PJs, parked on the couch as long as I could.  I took my calls from my folks, sister's family (with lots of fun singing), and godparents.  I did eventually move off of my spot on the couch when Steve took me to Osteria Mozza for my birthday dinner.  I did leave the tiara at home, mostly because I couldn't find it.  The food was DIVINE! It was an amazing treat for my birthday.  I would definitely recommend it for those times when you want to indulge yourself.  All in all, it was a good birthday and I have a year to find that tiara in time for next year!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment