19 March 2012

A small present from my little guy

My Sleeping Goober
On nights that I take care of my wiggly one, I have come to terms with the fact that although I will get 7-8 hours of sleep I will be getting that sleep in short chunks.  Recently, he has been sleeping from about 9-10pm until about 2:30am. It takes about 15-20 minutes to get him to tend to him and get him back to bed and then he's down until about 4:30-5am when he is UP for the day.  Last night, 2:30 am on the nose (the kid has a seriously accurate internal clock), he is up.  We are both back to sleep by 3am... and then I hear this weird buzzing noise.  What the H is that?  Glasses on... looking around the dark room... and then I notice my phone doing it's little dance on my nightside table.  My first thought was that someone was calling me.  I started thinking about how I needed to explain timezones again to my east coasters.  Then I realize it's my alarm.  My alarm is going off? Why would my alarm be going off? It was 6:30 in the morning.  I PANIC.  Why? I don't know. I just did.  I run to the crib and look down at Max who is just laying there smiling.  He's wide awake but quietly playing with his socks.  He's just hanging out while giving Mama two extra hours to sleep. It's been a long time since my alarm has actually woken me up, instead of just letting me know it's time to get everyone moving on the road.  I got a sweet present from my little goober today.  I'll cherish it because I'm sure there will be plenty of nights when Sir Goober will be keeping me up all night long. :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment