05 April 2012

Le Petit Menu

So being who we are, Steve and I have been enjoying cooking and preparing Max's introduction to the solid food world.  We've tried rice, carrots, sweet potatoes, zucchini, peas, regular potatoes, and apples n potatoes.  He's pretty much loved everything so far.  For tomorrow, Steve made him some oatmeal n apples.

DELICIOSO!
When folks ask us about why we make our own food.  I mean, yes, it's nice to know exactly what is going into the wiggly one's belly.  We're not super picky about the organic thing but it's nice to know where the food is coming from.  It's nice to keep our little glass jar count down.  It's fun to pick out a new veggie or fruit for the wee guy at the market on Saturdays.  But honestly, I am just genuinely staring to enjoy cooking.  I cook for Steve and me why not for Max, right?

Now, I'm just looking for some inspiration.  I've found a couple of cool websites with baby food recipes.  For right now I think we'll stick with whatever is in season at the market.  I'm always open to suggestions if you have them!  Bon Apetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment