24 June 2012

Running... Running?

Running...

I have a pretty standard love-hate relationship with running.  I've gotten hurt a number of times trying to run.  I sometimes get bored out of my mind while I'm running to the point that I had taken to listening to audiobooks on my ipod.  If I run, my brain just stalls out.  I'm not sure if this is a common thing but it seems to happen to me pretty consistently.  Having said all that, running is a pretty good workout.  It's easy to do.  I don't need major equipment.  I can run at the treadmill at the gym.  I can run to the lake and do laps around it.  I already have shoes for it.  So, why not... I'm going to give it another go.  I restarted my Couch to 5k program again.  I like it because it doesn't really require thought.  I get to listen to techno (a pretty good plus) and the podcasts I have download let me just run to the music.  When the music is fast, I run.  When the music is slow, I job.  My feet hit the ground with the beat of the music.  For some reason, I'm less likely to get the brain stall when I run like this.  So let's see what happens.  I guess I'm running again :).  

No comments:

Post a Comment